Appraisal Reports – Plans – Information
Summary Appraisal Report
|Freestone CAD||Freestone County||City of Fairfield||City of Streetman||City of Teague||City of Wortham||Buffalo ISD||Fairfield ISD|
|Oakwood ISD||Corsicana ISD||Dew ISD||Teague ISD||Wortham ISD||Mexia ISD||Fairfield Hospital||Teague Hospital|
Biennial Reappraisal Plans
According to Section 6.05(i) of the Property Tax Code, the district is required to hold public hearings and adopt a reappraisal plan by resolution before September 15 of even numbered years. The plan must list in detail the district’s intentions regarding the reappraisal of property within the district over the following biennial period.
- 2023-2024 Reappraisal Plan
- 2021-2022 Reappraisal Plan
- 2019-2020 Reappraisal Plan
- 2017-2018 Reappraisal Plan
- 2015-2016 Reappraisal Plan
State Oversight Reports
Property Value Study
Tax Code Section 5.10 requires the Comptroller’s office to measure appraisal district performance at least once every two years and to publish the results. PTAD measures the level and uniformity of property tax appraisals using data collected in the school district PVS. The results of the PVS can affect a school district’s state funding. The Commissioner of Education uses the PVS results to ensure equitable distribution of education funds so school districts have roughly the same number of dollars to spend per student, regardless of the school district’s property wealth.
- 2021 PVS for Freestone CAD
- 2019 PVS for Freestone CAD
- 2017 PVS for Freestone CAD
- 2015 PVS for Freestone CAD
Methods and Assistance Program Review
Tax Code Section 5.102 requires the Comptroller of Public Accounts to review each appraisal district’s governance, taxpayer assistance, operating procedures and appraisal standards, procedures and methodology at least once every two years.
You deserve to know how your property taxes are set. New laws require local governments to be more transparent when it comes to the property tax process.
- Taxpayers have a stronger voice in the process.
- More information about how tax rates are set.
- One convenient place to learn about your tax rates and send feedback to your local elected officials.